Do you struggle with a musculoskeletal condition or injury that limits your movement and causes you pain? There is hope! Our physical therapist in Little Rock has helped hundreds of patients overcome their injuries, expand their range of motion, regain their strength and start living without pain again. Here at Pain Care Associates, our chiropractors frequently have our patients work together with our excellent physical therapist, Gena Woodward MS, PT. This is part of our multifaceted way of helping people reach their optimum state of wellness.
Our Little Rock Physical Therapists can Help
Painful musculoskeletal conditions can affect all areas of your body, for a variety of reasons. By combining skilled chiropractic care and physical therapy in Little Rock, we can help you find long-term relief naturally, without drugs and invasive procedures. The most common situations our Little Rock chiropractor helps with include:
- Correcting poor posture habits (incorrect ergonomics during work, slouching, pulling muscles during yard work or housework, neck craning while working or talking on the phone, sleeping on an unsupportive mattress or using the wrong pillow for sleeping, etc.)
- Treating injuries (car accident injuries, sports injuries, personal injuries)
- Alleviating conditions related to aging (arthritis, degenerative discs, etc.)
Our chiropractor can help correct the posture and spinal alignment problems caused in these situations. But realigning the spine is only the first step. This is where our physical therapist comes in. By providing physical therapy in Little Rock, we help patients truly go beyond just pain relief to becoming stronger, more mobile, and able to enjoy the activities they enjoyed before pain got in the way. Our physical therapist helps with the following:
- Individualized therapeutic exercise programs: Based on your needs, our chiropractors and physical therapists in Little Rock will develop a set of exercises and stretches to help you recover strength and mobility.
- Home exercise: We teach you the proper form in the office and how to perform the exercises at home so you can enhance your healing.
- Spinal Stabilization: These core strengthening exercises help you avoid future injury by stabilizing your core (abs, sides, back) muscles so they help you maintain correct posture and form throughout your day.
- Soft tissue and joint mobilization: This hands-on therapy mobilizes the fascia near joints and bones to release pressure and tension and improve range of motion.
- Regional myofascial release: After an injury, the muscles and the tissue covering them (fascia) can become tight and painful. This technique stretches and releases these tensions.
- Activities of Daily Living (ADL) Instruction: Gena will teach you more ergonomic ways of accomplishing daily tasks to prevent future pain and injury.
Our physical therapist is proficient in many different physical therapy techniques. So if you struggle with a painful musculoskeletal condition or injury, contact our Little Rock chiropractor today. We can help you move, work, and enjoy pain free living again with our physical therapy. We look forward to working with you! Call our Little Rock office at (501) 223-3314 today!